Application of sodium carboxymethylcellulose in Petroleum and Natural Gas Industries
1. The drilling mud with sodium carboxymethylcellulose can form thin and solid shaft wall as well as filter cake with low permeability, and thus can reduce the hole shrinkage and collapse phenomena resulting from water loss of mud.
2. The mud with the addition of sodium carboxymethylcellulose is seldom affected by mycete, so it can be stored for relatively long without maintaining high pH value or the use of preservatives.
3. The mud with sodium carboxymethylcellulose has favorable liquidity, stability as well as thixotropy, so even at the temperature above 150℃, it still can reduce water loss. In addition, it helps to prevent a lot of water entering into oil layer and thus increase the production of crude oil.
The high-viscosity and high DS (degree of substitution) sodium carboxymethylcellulose can apply to the mud with a lower density while the low-viscosity and low DS to the high-density mud. Moreover, CMC-LV can be used as the thickening agent and gelatinizing agent of tertiary oil recovery in the oilfield and has obvious effects on stable oil production and production increase in oilfield fracturing, water shut-off and profile control, and acidizing operations.
Sodium carboxymethylcellulose Uses
Also you may be interested in: Application of HPMC in the Construction Industry (coating)
- 03 Jun 2013Application of Cellulose Ether
- 05 Jun 2013Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose Properties
- 09 Jun 2013Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose uses in Petroleum Industries