Application of Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose in Industry
1. In Building Paint Industry Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose can be used in build painting with favorable dispersion function and well-distributed coating. Without layering, it has good stability performance and thickening effects to regulate the viscosity of paint. It can match most surface-active agents and preservatives used in water-soluble paint. It can act as the retarder of concrete construction and the addition of Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose into the concrete has obvious thickening and water-retaining functions. Moreover, it helps to prolong the setting time of concrete, increase the early strength of concrete, and avoid cracks in the building. In addition,Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose can also be used as pumping aid of concrete to keep commodity concrete mixture non-bleeding and without segregation and to improve the homogeneity of concrete.
2. In Ceramic Industry In ceramics, the special-type Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose of green body helps to significantly increase the plasticity of pug and the flexural strength of green-ware bodies, as well as to reduce the breakage rate of green-ware bodies. Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose is mainly used as a binding agent in glaze slip, with suspension and decondensation functions. As the deflocculating agent, it helps to improve the flowability and control the thixotropy of glaze slip. Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose can also be used to make enamel layer dry and homogeneous, form a smooth and compact glaze, so the glaze will still keep flat and smooth after glaze firing. Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose can also act as the humidity transducer in porous ceramics. 3. In Papermaking Industry Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose can be used as the sizing agent of paper in papermaking industry to greatly improve the dry strength, wet strength, oil resistivity, ink absorption and water resistance of paper. Adding Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose into the paper pulp helps to enhance the tensile strength of paper and improve crumpling resistance. In coated paper, it can also act as the dispersing agent and the adhesive to make pigment and fiber fully dispersed. During the water treatment process of papermaking industry, it can also act as the flocculant. 4. Mosquito Coils and Welding Electrode Industries 1). In mosquito coils, Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose has good compatibility with other components for homogeneous efficacy with sustained release. It also helps to enhance the tenacity of mosquito coils and make them difficult for breakage and fracture. It can replace elm wood powder, and has good formability and smooth surface. 2). Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose can be used as binder in welding electrodes to make welding flux burn stably.
- 09 Jul 2020Commonality of cellulose ether
- 05 Jun 2013Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose Properties
- 09 Jun 2013Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose uses in Petroleum Industries