Application of Hydroxyethyl Cellulose HEC in Industry
1.Hydroxyethyl Cellulose HEC Application in Water Latex Paint
As a protective colloid, HEC can be used in the polymerization of vinyl acetate emulsion to improve the stability of polymerization system in a wide range of PH value. In the manufacture of finished products, it can make pigments, fillers and other additives uniformly dispersed, stabilize and provide thickening effect. It can also be used in suspension polymers like styrene, acrylates, and propylene as the dispersant. Used in the latex paint, it can significantly improve the thickening and leveling properties.
In different kinds of mud required in the drilling, location of wells, cementing and fracturing operations, HEC is used as a thickener to make the mud get a good fluidity and stability. In drilling of wells, it helps to increase the mud carrying capacity, prevent a large amount of water going from the mud into the reservoir, and stabilize the production capacity of reservoir.
3. Application in Building Construction and Building Materials
Due to the strong water retention capacity, HEC is the effective thickener and binder of cement slurry and mortar. Added into the mortar, it can improve the fluidity and construction performance, extend the evaporation time, and enhance the ability to avoid cracks at the initial stage of cement. In wall plaster, adhesive plaster and gypsum putty, it can significantly improve its water retention and bonding strength.
Because of the strong salt and acid resistance, HEC can guarantee the stability of the paste of toothpaste. In addition, since it has strong water retention and emulsification property, the toothpaste is difficult to dry.
5. In water-based ink, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose can make the ink dry fast and not penetrate.
6. In addition, HEC is also widely used in textile printing and dyeing, papermaking, daily chemical products and so on.
You may also be interested in: Application of HydroxyEthyl Cellulose in Drugs and Food
- 03 Jun 2013Application of Cellulose Ether
- 05 Jun 2013Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose Properties
- 09 Jun 2013Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose uses in Petroleum Industries