Colloidal Microcrystalline Cellulose
Another product of microcrystalline cellulose is the colloid (i.e. Colloidal MCC), with MCC powder as the raw material to prepare an aqueous solution of a certain concentration, and then to become the colloid through a special apparatus for gelling. Colloidal MCC has the following properties.
(1). It is a thixotropic colloid, and appears high concentrations as well as a large viscosity, but in fact as long as the external force is applied, it is easy to flow, scooping with spoon without the tail.
(2). When its concentration is 3%, the viscosity of the colloid can reach up to 3000-5000mPa·s.
(3). The colloid has good cold and heat stability, i.e., in the process of freezing and heating cycles, the loss of viscosity is not great.
(4). Although the cellulose is composed of glucose, the human body can not digest β-glucose. Its calorific value is zero, so the microcrystalline cellulose in the human body can just move together with food but cannot be absorbed by the body. It can help with digestion and achieve the purpose of reducing or preventing digestive diseases.
* Pharmaceutical Industry: pharmaceutical excipients (powder), capsules (powder, taken directly)
* Food Industry: low-calorie ice cream (instead of part of milk fat), salad dressing (instead of part of milk fat), fiber-rich bread (powder)
* Cosmetics: basic material (moisturizing, skin care)
- 03 Jun 2013Application of Cellulose Ether
- 05 Jun 2013Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose Properties
- 09 Jun 2013Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose uses in Petroleum Industries