1. Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose has thermal gelation property, that is, it has the excellent of being soluble in cold water but insoluble in hot water. As long as it is put in cold water, with stirring, it can be completely dissolved into a transparent solution. Products of some grades are basically insoluble in hot water more than 60 ℃ and can only swell. This property can be used for its washing and purification to reduce costs, reduce pollution and increase production safety.
2. Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose is a non-ionic mixed cellulose ether, so its solution has no ionic charge, and does not react with metal salts or ionic compounds. This performance can be fully used to play a role in the pharmaceutical field, without affecting its efficacy.
3. Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose has strong enzyme resistance, which will be enhanced with the increase of degree of substitution. So it has great advantages for storage of made drugs over other sugar and starch products, and can also reduce the possibility of going moldy. It can be widely applied in the paint and food industries.
4. Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose is metabolically inert, so as pharmaceutical excipients, it won’t be metabolized or absorbed. In food, it does not provide heat, so it has peculiar usability on the food of low calorific value, no salt, no change in immunogenicity suitable for people with diabetes.
5. Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose solution has excellent film-forming performance and can provide good conditions for tablets, pills and coating. The mold formed has such characteristics as being colorless, transparent and tough. If added with glycerin, its flexibility can be increased.
Read more :
- 03 Jun 2013Application of Cellulose Ether
- 05 Jun 2013Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose Properties
- 09 Jun 2013Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose uses in Petroleum Industries